Sublime Stitching recently released a bunch of Moomin patterns. I ordered one right away. I stitched a Moomin on Isaac's plain Poang IKEA chair. It wasn't too difficult to embroider. I used 4 strands of DMC embroidery floss. It took some practice to get used to not pulling the needle through to the back side of the fabric - I had to take little bites of fabric with the needle, being careful not to catch the foam inside the headrest.
The only trouble I had with this project was transferring the pattern to the chair. The cover is made of 100% cotton - I checked the tag - so I had my iron set to the highest setting. I ironed the transfer for about 7 seconds, and when I pulled the iron away it had scorched the fabric. Ugh! This is the first time I have scorched a project with my iron. Luckily, I was able to use hydrogen peroxide, cold water, and a little bit of soap to remove the scorch marks. No trace of them now!
This looks great Carrie! I went to the ASI a couple of months back and it is such a gorgeous house!!ReplyDelete
If you were able to remove the scorch marks, it was more likely it was a coating or sealant like scotchguard that you scorched. I'm glad you were able to remove them though -- that embroidery is adorable!!!ReplyDelete
Thank you for an enjoyable blog, I look forward to more of the same in 2017.ReplyDelete