Wednesday, September 24, 2014

MMQG mystery quilt - catching up

Way back in January, the Minneapolis Modern Quilt guild started a mystery quilt-a-long. My talented friend Kristin is designing the mystery quilt and posting instructions each month. I ordered my background fabric, Robert Kaufmann quilter's linen in stone, way back in January but that's as far as I got for a long, long time.

Earlier this summer I pulled fabric from my stash for the quilt - olive greens, pinks, aquas and chartreuse. In June and July I cut all the pieces out for months 1-7. In August I finally started piecing the blocks.

IMAG2295-1

I have a LOT of olive and chartreuse scraps in my stash!

IMAG2292-1

IMAG2293-1

IMAG2285

For month 4, I didn't have big enough olive scraps, so aqua was the dominant color.

IMAG2280

I bought a yard of this pink, olive and chartreuse fabric years ago because it was on sale and I loved it. I used it for a stuffed toy but had trouble incorporating it into quilts... until now.

IMAG2286

IMAG2282

These little windmill blocks are super cute and not that difficult! I want to make a lot more of these. The most time consuming part is cutting all the pieces (with templates). About halfway through I was ready to research die-cutting options... I've been eyeing the Accuquilts at JoAnn's for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment