Monday, September 22, 2014

Hot air balloons

This spring I started work on a gender-neutral baby quilt for a friend. I decided on a quilt with a few hot air balloons and a lot of sky. There are not a lot of patterns out there for hot air balloons, and most of them are really intricate paper piecing patterns. I am not that great at paper piecing. so I opted for the simplest paper piecing pattern I could find.

I printed out the pattern and then enlarged it a few times. I have two tiny balloons, two medium balloons and one big balloon. I got to use up some pretty small scraps for these balloons. It's always nice to see the scraps I've been hoarding carefully saving be put to use!

IMG_0824

I quilted this with a serpentine stitch and Aurafil thread.

IMG_0830

The quilt went to its new home earlier this summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment