For day two of Kid's Clothes Week, I started a Huck Finn Cap.
I didn't make a whole lot of progress because I had to trace the 2T/4T size from the pattern, and I find millinery work a little fussy - lots of pinning curves, finger pressing and topstitching. You might notice in the picture above that I should've been fussier with the cutting layout. It totally slipped my mind that I should be lining up the center of the hat with the center of a plaid stripe. ::sigh::
All the pinning and finger pressing is worth it though - these hats are so cute! I've made two of these caps before, one for my son and one for a nephew, both in corduroy and quilting cotton. For this cap I'm using Pendelton Wool and quilting cotton. The wool is pretty stretchy and ravels easily, but so far that's not causing any difficulty.