Monday, March 19, 2012

A robot backpack

I thought Isaac needed a toddler backpack, now that he's moved up to the toddler room at day care. I used the Made By Rae pattern and some imported Japanese robot fabric that I picked up on sale this winter.

backpack

I am super happy with how this turned out, it could not be cuter :)

I made just a few modifications to the pattern: making the side panels in the same fabric as the bottom, making the backpack 1/2 inch wider so that his lunch tin can sit flat in the bottom of the backpack, and I used a lot of interfacing to make sure the bag keeps its shape. I put two pieces of pellon 50 in the bottom, which I whip-stitched to the seam allowances before sewing the lining in. For the front and back panels I quilted a piece of pellon 50 and a piece of quilt batting to the outside fabric, and a piece of quilt batting to the lining fabric. Hopefully all this interfacing means the bag lasts through preschool. We'll see!

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment