Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Evangeline mittens

I just finished a pair of Evangeline mittens for my sister's birthday. They're a super quick knit - I believe these took me about 4 hours - and the pattern is easily memorized.

I made a couple of mods to the pattern. I switched the overlap of the center cables so the gloves are mirror images of each other. I also added two stitches to the row before the thumb - one on each side of the 4 stitches that the pattern says to place on a stitch holder. I placed 6 stitches on the stitch holder (the 4 specified plus the 2 new ones). I cast on only 4 stitches above the thumb (as specified in the pattern). I think the extra 2 stitches make the mittens fit a little better - my original pair fits pretty tight around the thumb.


Pattern: Evangeline Mittens (ravelry link)

Yarn: Cascade 220

Needles: US7

No comments:

Post a Comment