Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Completed project: ribs and lace tank

It's done!

IMG_5538

I finished my Ribs and Lace Tank about a month ago and finally got around to taking a picture of it. I used KnitPicks Shine Sport in Hydrangea. I had nearly one full ball left over, plus small remnants from two other balls. I added a few inches of ribbing to the top of the shirt in the back but otherwise followed the pattern. I did have to redo the increases and decreases for the bust numerous times, but I finally learned the difference between right-leaning and left-leaning increases. Good stuff to know for the next project! I steam-ironed the ribbed part of the tank top, which really helped it fit and look better. I haven't blocked the lace portion, and I don't think I will. The straps are at kind of a wonky angle, I had to sew the straps of my undershirt to the straps of the tank top to keep the two together. Aside from that, the shirt fits great and I'm looking forward to wearing it again in the spring!

1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous! I haven't worked up to an actual article of clothing yet...I am still in the land of accessories. This is definitely inspiring.

    ReplyDelete