Well, it's finished. Sort of. It's quite a bit smaller than I had hoped it would be, even though I did one extra repeat of the body pattern. The finished dimensions, after blocking, are 49 inches wide by 17 inches long. It also used much less yarn than what the pattern called for. I ordered three balls of yarn and used about 1 and 2/5 balls.
I would really like the shawl to be a little bit larger, about 2-3 body pattern repeats wider. I'm undecided as to whether I should rip out the 14 row edging and add 2-3 more body pattern repeats -or- knit another shawl. But that decision will have to wait until school is finished... right now I have to go back to my craft hiatus (and homework).
I can see what you mean. I decided when I started mine that I wanted it to be BIGReplyDelete
In any case yours looks lovely - why not treat it as a warm up for a bigger one.