Thursday, April 20, 2006

Completed project: ribbon curtain

I finally finished the ribbon curtain I've been s-l-o-w-l-y working on for months! I've reached my goal of removing every set of mini-blinds in the house!!! Well, except for the ones on the doors... but I'm going to pretend like those don't count. At least they don't bother me as much. I always leave them closed and I never have to futz with their stupid strings and crummy plastic twirly-stick. Ugh. It makes me mad just thinking about mini-blinds.

IMG_2173

Monday, April 17, 2006

Completed project: Roman shade

Here's the one (out of two) Roman shades that I finished for our new windows:

IMG_2136

It was a huge pain to make, and it took twice as long as it needed to because I botched it every step of the way. But, it looks nice so it was worth it. Now I just have to get some sort of a cord cleat or anchor... because without that we can't keep the shade open.

Here's a good example of why we got new windows:

IMG_2130

Check out that peeling paint! We could only afford 4 new windows this year. We have 20 more left to replace, about 10 of which are going to need repainting this year to keep from rotting. Ick!