Monday, April 17, 2006

Completed project: Roman shade

Here's the one (out of two) Roman shades that I finished for our new windows:

IMG_2136

It was a huge pain to make, and it took twice as long as it needed to because I botched it every step of the way. But, it looks nice so it was worth it. Now I just have to get some sort of a cord cleat or anchor... because without that we can't keep the shade open.

Here's a good example of why we got new windows:

IMG_2130

Check out that peeling paint! We could only afford 4 new windows this year. We have 20 more left to replace, about 10 of which are going to need repainting this year to keep from rotting. Ick!

No comments:

Post a Comment