Monday, March 13, 2006

Sewing: project updates

Here are the bedroom curtains that I recently finished. They're insulated, which helps cut down on the drafts and the early morning sun. Notice the blue ribbon stripe and bows that took forever to sew on. This is the straightest hem I think I've ever sewn on a curtain. Most of mine are pretty crooked looking.


Here are the pieces from the Benartex "Wheel of Mystery" kit that I bought a few weeks ago. I tried to sort the pieces by "light" and "dark", but I'm not very good at that. Some pieces (to me anyways) seem like they could be light OR dark.


I found this great Florida/train fabric at a quilt store, here's the (half complete) table runner I made with it. I still need to quilt it, which I'm putting off because I'm a little nervous that I'll mess it up. I need to take a machine quilting class before I do any more quilting.


Future sewing plans include finishing the above 2 incomplete projects, as well as a half-sewn skirt and shirt. And maybe hemming the sunroom curtains that have been hanging, unhemmed, for about 6 months.

No comments:

Post a Comment